Strategic minerals for a sustainable future
Latin Resources (ASX:LRS) is exploring and developing sustainable minerals in Australia and
Latin America to provide the planet with environmentally friendly products.
Latin Resources Limited (ASX: LRS) is an Australian-based mineral exploration company, with projects in Australia and South America, that is developing mineral projects in commodities that progress global efforts towards Net Zero emissions.
In Latin America, the Company’s focus is on its two Lithium projects, the Salinas Lithium Project in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil and the other, the Catamarca Lithium Project in Argentina. Lithium is highly sought after as a critical mineral for electric vehicles and battery storage.
The Australian projects include the Cloud Nine Halloysite- Kaolin Deposit. Cloud Nine Halloysite is being tested by CRC CARE aimed at identifying and refining halloysite usage in emissions reduction, specifically for the reduction in methane emissions from cattle.
Key points about Latin Resources:
- Latin’s strategy is to discover, delineate and develop mineral projects in commodities that progress global efforts towards net zero emissions.
- All of the Company’s activities are undertaken to the highest environmental, social and governance standards.
- In South America, the Company’s focus is on lithium and copper projects, with both commodities highly sought after as critical minerals to the burgeoning electric vehicle market.
- In Australia, the Cloud Nine Kaolin-Halloysite Deposit contains a large JORC-2012 compliant Mineral Resources of 207Mt of kaolin and halloysite.
- Latin is undertaking studies to progress the kaolin component of the Mineral Resource to fast-track production as a Direct Shipping Ore product.
- Latin has also commenced a three-year research project with CRC CARE aimed at identifying and refining halloysite usage in emissions reduction, specifically the reduction in methane emissions from cattle.
- Latin American Projects
- Australian Projects
Latin has a strategic tenement position in Minais Gerais state that is highly prospective for spodumene lithium. The region is home to two significant lithium developers, highlighting its prospectivity.
Cloud Nine Halloysite-Kaolin
Latin has defined a 207Mt Halloysite-Kaolin Mineral Resource at Cloud Nine. On the kaolin front, Latin is fast tracking studies for a potential DSO development, whilst for the halloysite, the company has commissioned a $3.2M R&D project with CRC CARE aimed at emissions reduction opportunities.
CRC CARE R&D
Latin has entered into a research project with CRC CARE, investigating the potential for the use of halloysite, as found at the Company’s Cloud Nine deposit, to be utilised in the reduction of methane emissions in the agricultural sector.
Solis Minerals Ltd.
Dual TSX-V/ASX-listed Solis Minerals holds three large-scale high-quality projects in one of the world’s richest copper districts in the Andes porphyry copper belt. After vending projects into the company in 2018, Latin holds a 13% interest in Solis.